Rudeness in the workplace is increasing to the level that universities are studying it. Everyone is busy, everyone is stressed, and most people take it out on their colleagues at one time or another. We’ve all been in a situation where we need to print something ASAP and someone has left the printer jammed, or we need coffee and the coffeepot is empty.
Technology is supposed to make life easier and simpler, but most managers find themselves cleaning up the messes caused by too many gadgets.
So what do we do about this? That’s what we’re here to learn! By the end of tomorrow, you’ll know how to:
1. Make your workplace a technology-friendly place
2. Make the most of computers, telephones, instant messaging, e-mail, contact management applications, and scheduling software
3. Communicate better with the IT department
4. Make the best software and training choices
6. Set an IT budget
7. Set expectations and responsibilities for security and privacy
8. Keep employees safe and healthy
9. Develop and implement a system usage policy
10. Implement policies for dealing with company property
11. Decide whether or not employees should telecommute
12. Make telecommuting work
13. Deal with workplace rage
14. Address technological issues