Project management isn’t just for construction engineers and military logistics experts anymore. Today, in addition to the regular duties of your job, you are often expected to take on extra assignments - and to get that additional job done well, done under budget, and done on time.
This workshop is not intended to take you from a supervisory or administrative position to that of a project manager. However, today’s topics will familiarize you with the most common terms and the most current thinking about projects.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
1. Understand what is meant by a project
2. Understand what project management means
3. Identify benefits of projects
4. Identify the phases of a project’s life cycle
5. Enhance your ability to sell ideas and make presentations
6. Prioritize projects
7. Begin conceptualizing your project, including goals and vision statements
8. Use a target chart and other planning tools
9. Complete a Statement of Work